Julie Enberg Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
The Julie Enberg Memorial Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to female undergraduate athletes at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
The fund was established to honor Julie’s dedication to sports, especially hockey, and her commitment to both her community and UMD.
- Applicants must be women attending UMD who have participated in at least one season of intercollegiate athletics,
- have a GPA of at least 2.5
- and lived in the service area of the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation before attending UMD (Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake or St. Louis Counties in Minnesota or Ashland, Douglas, Bayfield, Iron or Price Counties in Wisconsin).
- Applicants must include a transcript
- and two letters of recommendation, at least one of which from a UMD women’s athletics coach.
Julie Enberg was an active member and coach of the UMD women’s hockey team in the days before women’s hockey was a varsity sport. She died in 2002 at age 38. This fund was established with gifts in memory of Julie.Go to Scholarship Application