Affinity Plus Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Music Forward Foundation
Established in partnership with the Affinity Plus Foundation, two $5,000 scholarships will support Minnesota students or Affinity Plus members studying out-of-state pursuing a career related to the music industry. Field of study may include but is not limited to live event operations, production, music engineering, music business management, music education, customer service, hospitality and/or other related fields.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
- Applicant must be a full-time Junior or Senior, minimum of 60 credits earned, enrolled at an accredited college or university in the state of Minnesota or an Affinity Plus member studying out-of-state at the time of award in the fall semester
- Applicant must be pursuing a career related to the music industry. Field of study may include but is not limited to: live event operations, production, music engineering, music business management, music education, customer service, hospitality and/or other related fields
- Applicant must be permanently residing in the U.S.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- This is a one-time award to be paid directly to a qualified educational institution
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form
- Provide a student copy of their college transcript to confirm GPA
- Submit a resume or CV
- Provide proof of enrollment from a Minnesota educational institution
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from industry professionals and/or instructor(s)
- Write an essay on the impact music has had on your life and the inspiration that lead you to pursue a career in the music industry. Please also include your long-term professional goals, noting your proudest accomplishments related to your career goals. Conclude your essay with an overview of how this scholarship award will be used to support the completion of your degree program. The essay should not exceed 500 words
- In addition to the application essay, the scholarship recipient will be required to write a final impact essay at the end of the school year updating Music Forward on how the funds supported their scholastic journey and progress towards their long-term career goal