Frank L. Barrows Memorial Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Sponsored by Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
The Barrows Family Scholarship honors the memories of Frank L. Barrows and Frank L. Barrows II by awarding a college scholarship to a student from Eveleth-Gilbert High School.
The scholarship was created by Frank II’s parents in 2014 to memorialize the life of their son. This scholarship is included in the Eveleth Community Foundation Fund’s family of funds. Frank and Frank II both were Eveleth natives. The family created this scholarship to give others a chance to follow their dreams.
- Graduate of: Eveleth-Gilbert Senior High School
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Attend a four- or two-year college or technical school immediately after graduating.
Scholarship Grant Range
- $800 for one year
- This scholarship is part of the Universal Application: December 1 – February 15
- ONE Universal Application: Create a profile in the scholarship portal. Fill out the first page of the universal application to filter through all of the scholarships you qualify for.
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.