Anderson Niskanen Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Sponsored by Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
The Anderson Niskanen Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance for graduating seniors from Duluth public high schools who are in financial need for post-secondary education at the University of Minnesota Duluth or the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Suama Niskanen Anderson established the fund in 1998 as a memorial to her husband, Elmer Anderson, and her sister, Saima Niskanen. The Andersons were longtime residents of St. Louis County.
- Graduate of: Duluth Denfeld; Duluth East; Harbor City International School; Duluth Area Learning Center
- Must Attend: University of Minnesota Twin Cities or University of Minnesota Duluth
- Demonstrate Financial Need: Financial Need Priority consideration will be given to students in financial need who demonstrate such need for tuition assistance.
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrate Leadership
Scholarship Grant Range
$2,000 per year, up to 4 years ($8,000 total)
- This scholarship is part of the Universal Application: December 1 – February 15
- ONE Universal Application: Create a profile in the scholarship portal. Fill out the first page of the universal application to filter through all of the scholarships you qualify for.
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.